Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

LibraryThing is a very interesting resource for librarians. It is like a big database of books with tons of relevant information to them. It is also a social gathering place. I had a horrible time trying to find a few things though such as ThinkLang. I’m glad it was posted on 23 Things cause I was about to give up on it. I especially like the collection of Dead People’s books to see what they read as it is very interesting. This website is like a one-stop shop for cataloging and database perusal. I added 2 books but I find that many of my books are in the system already so I kind of quit. I wonder if that means that the database and submissions are detailed extensively or whether I’m shallow and have nothing to add. Lots of fun to look around but hard to get around with all that information organized the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment