Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 18: Wikis

Wikis are something I like working with. Wikipedia is pretty easy for me to get around and I do believe that there is a lot of fact-checking despite what many people would say about the site. The discussions are lively, especially around the most active wikipages like President Obama’s. I wouldn’t worry about beginning a page on Wikipedia as there is likely someone who will eventually do it who will use more sources and have better knowledge of whatever it is. At any rate, I do use it for quick information as encyclopedias like MSN’s Encarta is disappearing offline.

As far as the Wetpaint blog goes, I like it but it is pretty buggy. I couldn’t get it to let me edit my front page until I clicked edit 2 or 3 times. By then, I had made an extra page to try to fill in for the front one I couldn’t edit. Something about the toolbar resizing itself over and over again. Though as far as free wiki’s go, its not too bad!

I do however value my privacy so I do not post too much personal information and that is the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment