Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 8: Facebook

Interestingly Facebook knew just who my friends were already since I used an ancient email address for the signup. I am a very privacy minded person so naturally I gave them a fake name. Apparently they recognized my email address and listed quite a few people I knew. I assumed my fake name which was Way oftheBook was blabbed out back to them. Naturally not wanting to be a Grade A moron I had to post my real name and not much else since they had all that info already. Not too happy about it. I did not let them check through my email by the way. This is great for marketing and virtually a Petri dish for studying every social connection you make. Now I get to be categorized 100 different ways unless I just don’t participate. The dark side in Web 2.0 is the loss of privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment