Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 7: RSS Feeds

RSS is a fairly old system that many people never use. What is great now is that there are readers to capture these and use these to update. RSS can cover many different websites and I did choose to add Unshelved to my Google Reader for the purpose of Thing 7. Much like Thing 6, I am not sure I would want to add too many things to Google Reader since I would likely add way too many things and get overwhelmed with stories and updates I might not necessarily want to read. I realize that can speed up your Internet use, but I do like to see all that a website has to offer instead of a truncated update. The RSS feed can be great fun if it is a small content update like Unshelved or a blog post, though I still enjoy looking at the full website for now. If I feel I need to go faster, I will switch to using more feeds in Google Reader now that I know it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment