Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 23: Reflections

The 23 Things session was excellent and a lot of fun. I learned quite a few things such as LibWorm and LibraryThing that I had no idea existed. My most favorite one to work with is Digg and Youtube as I use them both frequently already. The more social websites I do not use as I like my privacy more than broadcasting everything about myself. The most challenging thing was finding working podcasts and searching through LibraryThing for ThinkLang. LibraryThing can be very difficult to use. If I had a camera, I would be more tempted to use video and pictures but since I do not, the library will have to make due without it. Podcasts are probably the newest thing to me as I honestly never use them. I prefer to read something rather than listen to it since I feel I go much faster that way. I’ve given short shrift to podcasts but I believe in the future they will have more use and become more widespread as technology increases and becomes more available to the public at large.

Many librarians could benefit from more use of wikis though we already use one in the library to store all of our documents. I will most likely be using the image generators more as I simply did not know they really existed in this fashion. I will especially find a use for them for making signs and pamphlets. In all, I was quite familiar with many of these pages but I learned many new things so I was very pleased with the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment